As we have already presented, there is a range of treatment options and products to relieve live your lower back pain. Some of these have -term relief and severe side effects on your body. Here are the top 5 research-backed tips that are clinically proven to be effective for your lower back pain.
1. Shoulder Injuries
Shoulder injuries are almost the reason for 20% of athletes presenting to their clinician with injuries due to sports activities. It can be due to sports like basketball, weightlifting, and tennis.
2. Knee Injuries
One of the most common reasons that present athletes to their healthcare provider’s office is knee pain due to knee injuries. It can occur in various sports activities like basketball, cycling, football, volleyball, and other sports that require running.
3. Back Injuries
In athletes, the back is subject to a great deal of strain. Most sports like running, weightlifting, and golf can damage the lower back structures. Some others, like swimming, torso, golf, and tennis, affect the thoracic spine and cause upper back pain.
4. Muscle Strains & Sprains
Muscle strain and sprains are also a reason that makes you uncomfortable after some sports activities. It can affect any part of your body. The most commonly involved regions are the hamstring muscles, lower back muscles, thighs, shoulder, and knee regions.
5. Joint dislocation and fractures
Sports activities and strenuous workouts can be a reason for joint dislocation or fractures in all ages. It primarily affects extreme ages like children and old ones. Because it takes time to grow and gain strength in child ages, bones are prone to more injuries than adults. Similarly, bones get weak in old age due to degenerative changes and are prone to cause pathological fractures.
1. Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation (RICE)
Rest, ice, compression, and elevation (RICE) is the initial therapy line for athletes with muscle pain. Although it does not have any side effects, no clinical trials are proving the beneficial effects of RICE on athletes.
2. PEMF therapy
The pulsed electromagnetic field (PEMF) therapy repairs the injured body cells and resolves cellular dysfunction. An affordable PEMF device like DCcure ensures quick recovery and improves athletes’ sleep. PEMF device is not invasive and safe to be used as a pain relief device. Top 5 Tips and Tricks for Athletes to Relieve Muscle Pain at Home.
Low-cost PEMF devices like DCcure are a good choice and an excellent option for athletes suffering from muscle pain to be used at home. PEMF therapy regenerates the lost energy of cells and repairs the damaged tissues of your body. DCcure PEMF device also helps to reduce inflammation, swelling, and edema.
Many clinical trials have been conducted that have concluded that the PEMF device relieves chronic lower back pain (CLBP) without causing severe adverse effects.
3. Continue with light exercise and avoid ceasing the exercise sessions abruptly
Experiencing muscle pain after a workout is a good sign that confirms muscles are developing and gaining strength. Remember that routine physical exercises and light activity are beneficial for the body, but too much or sudden heavy workouts can flare up muscle pain. Avoid ceasing all activities and adapting to a sedentary or inactive lifestyle. Instead, stretch your body at home and do light exercises.
4. Go for a massage
Massage helps relieve muscle pain in athletes. Sometimes, your muscles stretch, and ligaments get pulled, intensifying muscle pain. Massaging the pulled muscles are sufficient to get relief from muscle pain.
5. Over-the-counter painkillers: If muscle pain is not relieving after getting non-drug therapeutic options, try over-the-counter (OTC) painkillers. Over-the-counter drugs to relieve muscle pain in athletes are Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and muscle relaxants. However, if muscle pain is chronic or you have some comorbidities, always consult your clinician before taking these medications. Overdose or prolonged use of these medications is associated with severe side effects.
• PEMF therapy is a safe and trial-based technique to relieve muscular pain.
• An affordable PEMF device like DcCure will improve the efficacy of training sessions in athletes. It will shorten the recovery time.
• PEMF therapy is FDA approved, in the United States, to treat medical conditions like anxiety and depression.
• Low-cost PEMF therapy boosts cellular function in injured cells.
• Using pulsed electromagnetic field (PEMF) therapy improves blood circulation and the level of oxygen flow.
• PEMF therapy supports good cellular function and body health.
• An affordable PEMF device like DCcure will stimulate the healing and recovery processes of the body tissues and also aid in removing cellular waste.
©2023, Aerotel, Ltd. All rights reserved. DCcure® is a registered trademark of Aerotel Ltd. U.S. patent #US2016/0220838A1. Registered in U.S. Patent & Trademark Office.