FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
- 1.Where is Aerotel USA, Inc. based and is it a part of a larger company?
Aerotel USA, Inc. is headquartered in New York City. It is a subsidiary of Aerotel Ltd., a high-tech company based in Israel.
- 2.Has Aerotel, Ltd. won any awards?
Yes! Aerotel is the proud recipient of Frost & Sullivan’s Patient Monitoring Company of the Year and Innovation and Growth Strategy Leadership of the Year awards.
- 3.What is DCcure used for?
DCcure is designed to relieve pain associated with muscle strains, pulls, tears, tension, spasms and overuse; repetitive motion injuries; poor posture; prolonged sitting and weak core muscles and should not be used for any other purpose.
- 4.Does DCcure come with a money back guarantee?
Absolutely! DCcure comes with a 60-day money back guarantee.
- 5.Does DCcure come with a product warranty?
Absolutely! DCcure comes with a one (1) year limited warranty which is automatically extended at no additional cost to two (2) full years when you return the product registration card that comes packed with your unit.
- 6.How does DCcure relieve my pain?
The electromagnetic frequencies produced by DCcure change the conductivity along nerve fibers thereby inducing effects similar to those created by local anesthesia but without the side effects.
- 7.What does FDA listed, safety assured mean to me?
Being FDA Class 1 listed means that DCcure poses minimal to no risk to users.
- 8.What is MDcure by Aerotel?
MDcure is a programable Aerotel Ltd. product sold in Israel.
- 9.I think I’ve seen PEMF therapy discussed on TV… what show was it on?
You may be thinking of Dr. Oz who referred to PEMF therapy as a “revolutionary cure” to lower back pain on a recent show. Follow this link to view the episode: http://www.doctoroz.com/episode/revolutionary-cure-pain
- 10.Has the efficacy of PEMF therapy been documented?
The efficacy of PEMF therapy has been well documented in randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled studies conducted throughout the world.
- 11.Where can I go to learn more about PEMF therapy?
The National Institute of Health (NIH) has published over 670 articles and studies on different devices and concepts of PEMF therapy, varying from low to extremely high intensity and/or frequencies, on its PubMed website: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=pemf.
- 12.Does Aerotel have any patents on DCcure?
DCcure is covered under U.S. patent number #US2016/0220838A1.
- 13.Can I try DCcure without risk?
Absolutely! DCcure comes with a 60-day money back guarantee and a one (1) limited warranty which is automatically extended to two (2) full years at no additional cost if you return the DCcure product registration card included with your unit to Aerotel (no postage required).
- 14.What comes with my DCcure unit?
DCcure comes with a treatment pad, fabric belt, battery charge cable, 110 AC adapter, removable belt clip and user’s manual.
- 15.Do I need to register my DCcure unit?
We keep a record of its purchase so there’s no need to register your DCcure.
- 16.Can DCcure be used by everyone / what are its contraindications?
DCcure cannot be used by patients who have an implanted pacemaker or defibrillator, are pregnant, being treated for any form of cancer, to mask or relieve undiagnosed pain or by infants or children. If symptoms persist, patients are urged to consult with their health care professional.
- 17.Can DCcure be used by children?
DCcure should not be used by infants or children under 18 years of age.
- 18.What should I do if symptoms persist?
If symptoms persist, patients are urged to consult with their health care professional.
- 19.Can DCcure be applied without assistance?
If you were introduced to DCcure by a medical professional, s/he might show you how it is applied but rest assured that it can be applied to the lower back simply and without assistance.
- 20.Can I only use DCcure on my lower back?
While most patients use DCcure to treat lower back pain, it can also be applied to other areas of the body experiencing muscular aches and pains.
- 21.Can DCcure help me sleep better?
While DCcure will not cure your insomnia, you’re bound to get a better night’s sleep if you are not awakened often due to lower back pain. In fact, many users tell us that they awaken in the morning pain free after using DCcure.
- 22.How do I position the DCcure treatment pad?
Place the treatment pad (either side up but not folded) over the area to be treated; it can be placed on and will work over light clothing, so no direct skin contact is required. Once the treatment pad is positioned, secure it in place using the supplied fabric belt; do not move the pad during treatment.
- 23.How do I operate my DCcure unit?
DCcure is easy to operate. Click on the tab “How DCcure is Applied” to learn how.
- 24.How often does DCcure need to be applied for it to work?
DCcure should be applied for 30 minutes twice a day for 6 continuous weeks and then 2 to 3 times a week for ongoing maintenance. If you purchased DCcure on your own, simply follow the instructions contained in your user’s manual. If you’ve purchased your DCcure on the advice of a medical professional, it is likely that your first treatments will take place in the doctor’s office or clinic and you will either rent or buy a unit to use in between sessions. Each time you visit your doctor, you can bring your DCcure unit with you.
- 25.What if I start feeling better in less than six weeks?
While some patients report feeling better in as little as 2 weeks, we recommend that you continue to apply DCcure for the full 6 continuous week treatment period and then 2-3 times a week on an ongoing basis or as instructed by your health care professional.
- 26.Why do I need to continue to use DCcure after the initial six week treatment period?
Patients find and Aerotel recommends that when DCcure is used 3 to 4 times a week, long-lasting results can be achieved.
- 27.Does DCcure need to be in direct contact with my skin?
DCcure works over light clothing, without direct skin contact, allowing it to be used virtually anytime and anywhere.
- 28.DCcure produces no tingling or burning sensations and runs silently… how do I know it is working?
While in most cases you will not feel any sensation on the site the pad has been placed, rest assured that the unit is working properly as long as the blue LED light is flashing.
- 29.Do I need to buy electrodes, stickers, probes or other costly consumables that need to be replaced?
Unlike printers and ink, razors and blades and TENS-based devices, DCcure uses no invasive electrodes, stickers, probes or costly consumables to replace.
- 30.Other PEMF-based devices I see are very large… how did they shrink it to such a small size?
Our R&D team specifically designed DCcure to be small and portable to allow patients, for the first time, to use such a device virtually anywhere and anytime outside the clinic.
- 31.Many PEMF-based devices I see cost thousands of dollar… why is DCcure so affordable?
Because it was designed to be small, compact and portable, it is less expensive to produce.
- 32.How many treatments can I get from a fully charged battery?
A fully charged battery will deliver five to six 32-minute treatment sessions.
- 33.How often do I need to recharge DCcure’s battery and how long does it take?
When in regular use, recharge the battery every 2-3 days, if you see “Low battery, please recharge” or, when the battery charge meter is low. A one hour charge brings the system to 90% while a one and one-half hour charge brings the system to 100% charge. A “quick charge” for one full treatment session takes about 30 minutes.
- 34.Is DCcure’s battery replaceable, and how do I dispose it?
The battery in the DCcure unit is not user replaceable. Do not let DCcure / its battery come into contact with liquids or be placed near a heat source. Do not dispose of DCcure / its battery in a fire. DCcure / its battery must be disposed of / recycled properly.
- 35.Do I need to take costly and potentially habit forming drugs to treat my pain while using DCcure?
DCcure can be used as a standalone therapy or in combination with medications. It is not used INSTEAD of any other pharmacological therapies your physician may prescribe and before stopping any medications, be sure to consult with your medical professional.
- 36.Can using DCcure help me avoid back surgery?
That depends upon your particular condition, the advice you receive from your medical professional and the personal decisions you will make regarding the surgical procedure(s) that your doctor may recommend.
- 37.How do I use and care for DCcure’s digital display?
DCcure’s digital display is made of acrylic and could break if dropped or if it receives a significant impact. Do not use DCcure if the screen is broken or cracked. A touch-screen display responds best to a light touch from the pad of your finger or a non-metallic stylus. Using excessive force or a metallic object when pressing the touch-screen may damage it and void the warranty.
- 38.Is DCcure covered by Medicare or Medicaid?
DCcure is not currently covered by Medicare or Medicaid. However, you may be able to use your HSA or FSA towards its purchase.
- 39.Is DCcure covered by my health insurance company?
DCcure is not currently covered by health insurance companies. However, you may be able to use your HSA or FSA towards its purchase.
- 40.Can I use a heating pad while applying DCcure?
You can use a heating pain with DCcure but we suggest that you not place the heating pad between your skin and the DCcure treatment pad or directly on top of the treatment pad or the DCcure unit itself.
- 41.Can I use DCcure while I am taking my pain medication?
Yes as there is no cross interaction between the pharmacological treatment you take and DCcure.
- 42.I’ve heard that athletes use DCcure… is that true?
Absolutely! Check out the testimonials appearing on this site to see what athletes have to say about DCcure.
- 43.Why does my doctor not seem to know much about PEMF therapy?
PEMF therapy has been used in Europe for decades and is now being used more readily in the U.S. Because of this, many medical professionals continue to be unaware of its applications and benefits. Rest assured that DCcure is listed with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) so its safety is assured.
- 44.Why doesn’t PEMF therapy rank highly when I Google “back pain remedies”?
For the very same reason that many doctors do not seem to know much about PEMF therapy.
- 45.How can I learn what others think about DCcure?
Simply check out the testimonials appearing on this website or ask anyone you know who has used DCcure.
- 46.How do I handle and care for my DCcure unit?
Both the DCcure unit and the treatment pad itself should be handled with care. Do not expose the unit or treatment pad itself to liquids and do not fold the treatment pad either while in use or while it’s being stored. When needed, the zip-on fabric pad cover can be washed. To do so, first remove the treatment pad from the fabric pad cover and wash the pad cover only (NOT THE TREATMENT PAD ITSELF) in lukewarm water and gentle soap; do not machine wash.
- 47.What do I do if I need to return my DCcure unit?
Contact Aerotel USA, Inc. before returning a unit for a Return Authorization Number (RAN) and instructions; units received by Aerotel without a RAN will not be accepted.
- 48.How do I contact Aerotel with questions about DCcure?
Please contact us via email at email@example.com or by calling toll free 1-844-5DC-CURE (1-844-532-2873).